Friday, February 4, 2011

Pay It Forward

Shelli Johannes-Wells is doing this totally rad contest where the winner gets the chance to have their query letter passed on to her agent. That would be A-FREAKING-MAZING! Wish me luck guys!  
Note: Query Letter – An intense one page letter sent to literary agents – The way you introduce you and your book to agents – If they like it – You have an agent – Agent Query can take a long time – And you will receive A LOT of rejection letters – If you are lucky – You will get an agent
For more information about the contest and a synopsis of my book, please check out Pay It Forward Contest 
Anyway, along with the contest, I get to Pay It Forward to people who have helped me along the way.  I couldn’t pick just one person, so I’m going to recognize six peeps.

·       Mom and Dad – you encouraged me to keep writing. I remember this one day—about half way through the rough draft—I didn’t want to write anymore. I thought it was hopeless. They told me not give up, but to keep writing. I appreciate their constant support and, above all, their love. 
·       Pam for bleeding on my manuscript, it helped me to make it BETTER. If it weren’t for her, I would not have done a lot of research on how to improve my writing. Thank you Pam for wanting to have a little two-woman critique group!
·       Sarah, my good buddy, who helped me recognize a fatal flaw in my writing—repetition. I hope I’ve been cured of that terrible, habitual disease. She works full-time but still has offered to edit my manuscript.  She is one of my best friends and I love her dearly. Thanks Sarah!
·       Robin, my sister-in-law the super woman. She is a really good mom of four kids, wife, tutor for teenagers, marathon runner, coupon queen, sewer, and everything else under the sun, moon, and stars. And she is editing my manuscript regardless of her hectic schedule. She already has given me so much insight as to how I can make my book better. I love the girl so much and I’m happy she’s in my family.
·       Kiersten White for being my example to make my book become a reality. If it weren’t for some great advice she told me, I don’t think I would be where I am now in the writing process. Thank you so much.
Thank you everyone else who has pushed me along the way. 

Who are you going to Pay It Forward to?


7 comments:

  1. this is an awesome list :) good luck and thanks for coming by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shelli! Thanks for the wish of luck too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I must say, this made my day. I'm so excited to see what you've done with it and major props back to you for helping me with all my small stories. It's great bouncing ideas off each other and having someone clawing their way toward publishing at the same time. It's like we're in Weight Watchers...except we're not. It's more Word Watchers--since we both needed to edit so much out ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, you did a great today describing your story! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with your entry! Wishing you the best.

    ReplyDelete