Monday, February 21, 2011

Bookshelf Photo Contest!

My Read Books
One of my Twitter friends posted a picture of her bookshelf the other day. I told her I would send her a picture of my messy bookshelf. As you can tell I totally need a bigger shelf to house my pretty books. Buying the books I read is one of my obsessions. If I read a book that I’ve purchased, it becomes a part of me. I feel accomplished looking at my books because I know I read them. They have my fingerprints on each page. It's delicious to me. My obsession with purchasing the books I read started with the Twilight series, and has only escalated since.

One day I would love to have a room in my future home with a library filled with all my books. I hope to encourage my children to love reading. By starting my own collection now, they will have it later. It’s a great investment. And not only that, but it helps support the authors, too.

Now for the contest details:

Its pretty simple, take a picture of your bookshelf and send it to me via my email writingjewels@gmail.com  If you win, you’ll get a $20 Amazon.com gift card to help you buy more books for your bookshelf.

Rules:

You will get points according to the following breakdown:
+1 point if you email me the photo
+1 point if you follow me on Twitter - @writingjewels
+1 point if you share this contest via Twitter or Facebook
+1 point if you share the contest on your blog
+1 point if you follow my blog - you must show up on my sidebar followers list
+1 point if your bookshelf photo is my favorite

Comment on this post tallying up your points. Make sure you include your Twitter name, email, blog link, and/or Facebook link telling about the contest. If you’re already following me, you automatically get that point. If you do not have a blog, you may email your friends with the contest info (I'm taking your word on this one). You’ll win if you have the most points.
My To-Be-Read Books
The contest ends on Saturday, February 26, 2011 at 10:00 p.m. MST. The winner will be announced on Monday, February 28, 2011 here on my blog. I will show off your bookshelf photo, too.

Happy Contesting!

9 comments:

  1. Tweeted contest +1
    emailed photo +1
    follow on twitter +1
    follow blog +1

    Thanks for this awesome contest! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My book shelves are a mess! If you've ever watched one of my vlogs you'll see them in the background. Alas most of my books are back in Ireland so I only have here what I've accumulated in the past 9 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so funny, because I was just sharing the somewhat embarrassing photo of my bookshelf with some people on Twitter today. I e-mailed you (meagrivers)


    Here’s my tweet about it: http://twitter.com/#!/mgnwrites/status/39868344433647616

    Aaaaand, I’m following your blog, and posted my own note with what I hope is a good enough explanation about my bookshelf, haha: http://t.co/s10gUVm

    so:

    Tweeted +1
    Following you +1
    Emailed +1
    Following your blog +1
    Blogged about it +1

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE this post. And I feel we have a lot in common. I obsessively buy and read books as well. And funny thing - I just bought a new book shelf a week and a half ago that hasn't been delivered yet because of my overflow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great contest! I'll have to take a picture and come back a little later. Your blog looks lovely, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. +1 emailed you the photo
    +1 following you on Twitter
    +1 shared this contest via Twitter AND Facebook (2 points, please?)
    +1 shared the contest on my blog
    +1 following your blog
    +1 bookshelf photo is your favorite (right? right??)

    I'm pandaswat on Twitter, pandaswat.sarah@gmail.com, pandaswat.blogspot.com, and I posted this on my Facebook wall (but for some reason, I haven't set up a profile search for pandaswat...) haha I'm a panda, what can I say?

    ReplyDelete
  8. +1 point for emailing the photo
    +1 point for following on Twitter
    +1 point for sharing the contest via Twitter (@KristinLynnT)
    +1 point for sharing the contest on my blog (http://kristinlynnthetford.blogspot.com)
    +1 point for following you on your blog

    Thanks again for the contest, Julia! :) Tons of fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post. bookshelves

    ReplyDelete