Monday, February 14, 2011

Breathless Reads Tour Recap

The Breathless Reads Tour visited Salt Lake City, Utah on Saturday, February 12, 2011. I was blessed with the chance to attend and meet some absolutely GREAT authors.
From left to right: Ally Condie author of Matched; Beth Revis author of Across the Universe; Andrea Cremer author of Nightshade; Kirsten Miller author of The Eternal Ones; and Brenna Yovanoff author of The Replacement. 

For the first hour, the authors had the opportunity to answer questions prepared by the host of the event, King's English, as well as audience questions. The authors all had their own personality in which captivated me. Ally was professional and welcoming. Beth was enthusiastic and comical. Andrea was fun and exciting. Kirsten was confident and  well-humored. Brenna was endearing and proper. I enjoyed getting to know the authors better through a in-person setting. Thanks to the authors for taking the time to visit SLC. 
In which Julia meets Ally and Beth. They're holding my own personal copies of their books. Notice the cheesy smile upon my really excited face. I can't tell you how giddy with joy I was before I met them, and after too. I am totally a book-worm nerd. I like it though. My sister can attest to the nerdiness--she was there. I can't even imagine how I would act if I met Bono from U2 and the other band members.
I can't wait to read the other author's books. If you have read them, or any of the books, what did you think?

5 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous! It sounds like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a lot of fun! I'm in the middle of reading Matched right now and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan - Thanks for the comment. It was a great time. Sorry to make you jealous. I didn't mean to. Hehe! :)
    Writergal - You'll totally love Mathced. Keep me posted on what you think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, I'm the one with the cheesy smile! So glad I had a chance to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Beth! Let's start a cheesy smile group. JK

    ReplyDelete