Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Conquering the Blessed Beast

Just an update on my last post. . . I said that I was going through a “Revising a Chapter in my Novel War”. Well, I conquered the blessed beast. It bent to my will. Perhaps, I bent to its will (Hmm, a thought to ponder. Maybe I was getting in its way). Sometimes you need to step away from a difficult revision, come back later, and then typically it will come together beautifully and better than it would have been otherwise. I love it when that happens. I win! I win! I win! Well, I won nothing but the reassurance that a chapter is better than it was, and I can move on to the next chapter.
So, I feel like I have so little time to devote to editing with working full-time and taking a class. I can’t wait to be out of the class, I’ll have more time to devote to editing. Praise the day when I'm done with class. French is way tough (ie: I despise masculine and feminine words). Just beam the language into my mind, please (said with a pouty-puppy-dog-you-can’t-deny-my-wish-face). I audited French because my novel is set in Paris. I thought it would be helpful for the writing process. It has been helpful, but honestly, I’m so done with school. I have my degree and that is so enough for me. What the devil was I thinking taking a class again? Remind me never to do that to myself again. NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment