Friday, September 7, 2012

Month of September Goals

Hello, followers! How's it going? I hope I find you all well on this Friday (or whenever you read this). I've got to admit I didn't do super hot on my goals this month. However, I was getting over a roller coaster ride of a crazy summer. So, I'd say all is well. Here's how I did with last month's goals:
  • Move on August 18 and get settled into my new place Check. I like my new place. It's funny cuz my old commute to work took me 15 minutes. My new commute is 5 minutes total. Somehow I'm late for work even though I'm closer, when I was early before. *shakes head* 
  • Read Beyonders: Seeds of Rebellion by Brandon Mull. I bought it. Does that count? haha
  • Edit a bit of my own works I started working on a new project. That counts, right?
  • Enjoy me some Netflix and time with loved ones Super Check. I socialized a lot more than usual and spent some time with family. As for Netflix--it turned into Hulu. I met an author (Natalie Whipple) at a book bloggers/author get-together a couple weeks ago. She recommended me watch a Korean drama called "Boys Before Flowers". Oh my gosh! I watched all 25 episodes in about 2 weeks. Love it. You definitely should check it out, too. Beware, it'll suck you in. So funny story: my roommate/coworker sat in on watching the first episode with me. She is obsessed with it now, but we are both on different episodes. We'll sit in the same room watching it together but not the same episode. haha
  • Beta a tweeps book if she needs my help. She's not ready for it to be read yet.
Well, now for September's goals:
  • Finish beta'ing my sister-in-law's book (I'm so proud of her)
  • Read Insurgent by Veronica Roth (I decided Beyonders can wait)
  • Keep plugging along with my new project, SPHERICAL (a dystopian novel)
  • Edit one of my own works (not sure which one)
  • Go on a couple dates (I have no idea who'll be the lucky man/men, though... haha)
  • Be social (writers tend to be solitary beings sometimes, or is that just me???)
  • Go camping with my sister Guess what? I've already accomplished this one. I went Wednesday-Thursday of this week. Nice
So what are your goals for this fabulous autumnal month? Are you excited for fall blowing in? I am!

Writing. Jewels.

10 comments:

  1. Good luck on your goals!

    I'm hoping to get some more writing done this month. I did way too much editing last month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing is fun. Editing...not so much. :D Good luck, Cherie!

      Delete
  2. I haven't written down my goals since April, but I've still been crazy busy. Doesn't that count? lol Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with your goals this month. I love Netflix/Hulu. I should check out that show. Also, I'm super jealous of your 5 minute commute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves Netflix/Hulu. You should check out Boys Before Flowers. It's crazy good. Way too good. So good, you'll become obsessed. No kidding. haha

      Delete
  4. Looking good with your goals! My big September plans are editing my WIP until it all pretty and shiny. It's getting all marked up with highlighters, notes, and maybe a few tears where I exclaimed, "That sentence is bloody brilliant!" or "This is terrible; I'd never buy this book." LOL.

    Have a fabulous September.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Bloody brilliant" is awesome, Julie. I need to say that more often about my writing. But "this is terrible" is so much a part of my writing--I am my worst critique though. haha

      Delete