First of all, don't forget to enter to win one of two signed copies of my novel, Félicité Found, on Goodreads. Good luck!
Now to the meat of the post...
I can be quite the sassy little brave-ster sometimes. Yeah, it takes some (ok, a lot of) mental coercion and talking myself into it, but it happens.
My most recent act of bravery was this:
There's this guy I've been interested in for some months now. Oh, man, I have been smitten. Finally, after many a nice conversation, I was bold and asked this man of super hotness and intense intellect out. He accepted. We had a fun time. Is this relationship going to go any farther than the driveway? I think not, unfortunately. But, dear friends, I put myself out there and tried for something I wanted.
This is how I've felt about writing.
- First, I had an idea for a book.
- I started type, type, typing.
- I finished said book and started revising and editing. A lot. And a lot more with tons of peoples' critiques.
- I queried book.
- After countless rejections, I received that blessed agent call with the "yes".
- I parted ways with agent, but that's ok! :)
- I self-published the book instead.
- I'm happy.
Things may go a different path than you think, but you will never know what will happen unless if you try.
So TRY! Be brave! Start writing your story. Send out that query letter. And conquer this world!
Tell me your acts of bravery.