Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Give Me a Break

When I was a little kid, my favorite candy bar was a KitKat. I still like them because of their chocolaty goodness. Num Num! Yet, they aren’t my most wanted treat these days, unless if it’s a break that I’m looking for.



I’m giving myself a writing break for a couple weeks. I’ve got to admit, I’m a little burned out. I’ve been working so hard, not only on my own book but critiquing other awesome author’s books, too!



As an author, occasionally a little siesta is needed. It clears my mind and helps me get ready for another round of edits, writing, or critiques. I don’t want to write something horrible because I’m exhausted, so I’m avoiding it (except for blog posts and a writing conference coming up this Saturday).



I’ve decided to read a few books, hang out with friends, watch TV and movies, go to the local water park, and maybe clean out my closet. Tonight, I’m going out with a friend. She going to teach me how to bargain shop for clothes. Gah! I’m excited. I love clothes. *claps hands like a little kid*



I want to be at my best before I start writing my next book—an Urban Fantasy. It’s gonna be fun to write. I’ve been stewing over it for a couple months now. You’re all in store for something pretty cool. Well, at least I think so.



I hope you are all enjoying writing. Or if you’re not an author, you’re having fun with whatever your passions may be. But if you are burned out, take a break for a bit to refresh your mind. Go to the store and buy a KitKat. Take a break! Get in some much needed R&R.


PS: Don't forget to enter to win a fabulous Zombie book called Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris. Follow this link to enter!

No comments:

Post a Comment