I've always loved the roaring sound of thunder, the electrifying clash of lightning in the sky, and the splash of rain on the ground.
I got it all, and more, on Saturday night.
While I was at a zombie-themed dance party, the rain started pelting down. A bunch of us ended up going to the back of the club to dance in the rain. After only ten minutes, I was soaked, no longer fashioning my ratted out zombie hair.
On my way home, I witnessed one of two of the best lightning storms I've ever seen in my life. The first was when I lived in Taiwan. During the typhoon season, I saw lightning striking throughout the entire night's sky. It's still burned into my eyes. Amazing!
But Saturday night, sheesh, it was like watching the coolest firework show known to man. Almost every thirty seconds, fire-like branches of light slashed through the sky accompanied by booming surges of thunder. By the time I neared my house, the rain was flowing down like a waterfall. My driveway turned into a pond of water.
This was such a fun evening of wicked-awesome dancing and a storm I won't ever forget.
The following list includes some books that are like these storms: They're unforgettable to me.
- Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
- Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling
- The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer
- These is My Words by Nancy E. Turner
- My Name is Asher Lev by Chaim Potok
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- Artemis Fowl Series by Eoin Colfer
- The Plant That Ate the Dirty Socks by Nancy McArthur (yep, you read it right. Love these books)
- The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
- The Road by Cormac McCarthy
- The Alchmist by Paulo Coelho
- The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova
- The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
Which books fall into this category for you?